Sunday, January 17, 2016

Catch up

I have painted some other stuff but posted it directly to Facebook rather than blogging. Here are a couple of things I've done in the last several days.

Today I finished this  oil painting that I started with an underpainting of acrylics. I think it's finished---it's too wet for me to do anything else to it right now anyway, but I think it's done.


I also had some paint left over and have been reading about the Wet Paint weekly workouts....this is not a self portrait it but is Fauvist-like.


And working backwards to Friday and yesterday...I watched Diana Trout's video on losing control, so used that technique with India ink, then went back with some acrylics and then with pen and more India ink....I was also thinking about personal symbols, since I'm not clear what mine are...there are a few in here:


And besides all that, I have the loom warped again for a second scarf on dummy warp...but I do seem to consistently be the dummy and this is going to be another short scarf! It reminds me, though, of how much I like to weave with wool.







2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed these submissions. My friend and I are trying to do an accountability creative. We both want to be more constructively prolific in our creative endeavors. I used your work as an example to show her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that! I love your phrase 'constructively prolific' and I'll join you in that resolve. I'm going to post more regularly here, and try to produce more regularly (around my job, though, which means it won't be daily!). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete